Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eden Chapel Church

This morning we attended our first church service in Cambridge.  We arrived early and, as usual, took our place in the back row.  The worship leaders were preparing for a special international service and as we sat there, both Mike and I noticed one lady walking around who looked familiar.  She also kept looking our way and finally I said to her, "Did you used to attend Charlotte Chapel in Edinburgh?"  We finally made the connection that we had all been in a small group Bible study together ten years ago!   She was at Eden that morning because she worked with an International Ministry that was in Cambridge for six weeks.  It was a treat to have someone we knew at our first church service.  After the service, as we were chatting with people, another lady came up to me and said, "I know you - I sat beside you on the bus the other day.  I knew you had to be a Christian."  Again, I was amazed at the providence of God - I just happened to sit and talk to this woman on the bus, and now here she was, welcoming me to her church.  We then started talking to an American couple, who invited us over to their home for lunch.  We spent the afternoon with all of our kids playing (they have a trampoline!) while we got to sit around and get to know them.  From beginning to end, we felt so incredibly welcomed and cared for by the community at the church.  

Here's Mike enjoying a cup of tea just before church.  The kids were all sitting right beside him - it was a cozy British morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment