Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Punting on the Cam

It is an ancient tradition in Cambridge to spend lazy afternoons floating ("punting") down the river Cam that runs through the city.   This past Sunday I took Emma punting with a friend from Tyndale House and his kids.   We went along the "backs" (named for the back sides of the colleges you see from the river).    I even had a chance to steer the boat myself which is harder than it looks!   Enjoy the pictures.

Behind Emma is a picture of the famous "mathematical bridge" and a shot of me punting. 



This is the famous  "bridge of sighs" named after its counterpart in Venice, and also the ornate King's College Chapel that can be seen from the river. 





3 comments:

  1. Very cool.
    [Sorry that I don't have more to say, but I know it's nice just to get comments sometimes.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    You look like a shallow water fishing guide poling on a flats boat. Strong.

    ReplyDelete